Lost in A Dream
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lost in A Dream

Role Play for the slightly insane

You are not connected. Please login or register

Figment of Thought

2 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 19]

1Figment of Thought Empty Figment of Thought Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:56 am

Azuredragon

Azuredragon

University had had its ups and downs like any point of life. It was fun but it was also very difficult, especially in the last two years where all work and next to no play was the only way to secure top marks. He’d done it though. He had achieved his doctrine in neurology and the nervous system and to boot he had been one of the few to be offered a placement in a hospital one state over. He was given the opportunity there to work with experienced doctors and actual patients as a student doctor in his master’s degree year. It had been a while ago too since he had started that and now he was looking at finding his first actual job as a junior or apprentice doctor. He had been given the choice in this of two main hospitals and one newer hospital a city over. One of the main ones was back in Britain, but he did not know anybody there and the other was the hospital he had already been working at for the past year.

His father had encouraged him to take time out to look at his options and to visit the family a little. They hadn’t seen him in too long. The each offered their own views, whether he wanted them or not, but the choice was his ultimately his to make.

~~

His first few months on the job had been interesting enough. Another graduate had joined this particular hospital, as a nurse, and was relieved to know they were not the only one new to the field despite his greater experience now. He had his brain picked about everything from the job to teachers to what pop group he thought had the hottest band members in it. The most intriguing feature about the place at the moment perhaps at this point was a new patient. Apparently he, an adult male, had been transferred to this hospital recently in hopes that the ‘new views on medical practice’ might help him. Doctors, for lack of a better term, where stumped.

According to his notes, which had been given to Doctor Andrews – Ewen’s mentor there – along with responsibility of the patient, his brain activity and bodily functions seemed to be working as they should. The only thing they could find ‘wrong’ with him was the fact that he would not wake up very often and when he did it was usually to complain about or be in the process of very violent night terrors. It offered the chance of study if nothing else.

“I am sure I hear him talking to someone you know,” Adrien comments one night holding his coat over his arms and his bag over one shoulder on his way out. “They’ve put me in for cleaning his room this week and I can sometimes hear him mumbling something. Like he’s seeing something there.” He shivers. “Creeps me out a bit actually.”

2Figment of Thought Empty Re: Figment of Thought Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:04 am

emel

emel

ewen looks at him "maybe he is...brains work strangely but i dont think there are any being here we dont know about " he strokes his chin "a memory...or a dream possibly if you catch him doing it let me know I can plot it against his readouts..." he seems less creeped out and more interested on getting something to bit into

3Figment of Thought Empty Re: Figment of Thought Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:07 am

Azuredragon

Azuredragon

"I guess you're right.. Just.. yeah." He shakes his head. He was going to argue but decides Ewen must be right. He's a doctor after all and he is probably just tired after some long shifts. "I will do but I am heading home now. You're on a late shift tonight aren't you?"

4Figment of Thought Empty Re: Figment of Thought Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:12 am

emel

emel

"its my turn to get the creepy shift yes, sleep well dont watch horror movies" his lamplight eyes look to the door

5Figment of Thought Empty Re: Figment of Thought Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:28 am

Azuredragon

Azuredragon

Adrian shivers to himself. "Thanks Ewen. Night." He gives a short wave before putting on his coat and moving out to catch his lift home. If the horseman wasn't raised in creepy, creeky castles this might actually have a spooky air about it but while hospitals can be terrifying to some - particularly abandoned - this was just an every day place of work for him.

His usual work keeps him busy - the rounds Doctor Andrew's has set him. If he has a mind to listen out for their mystery patient however there seems nothing unusual about his status. Not until much later on anyway. He could swear he can hear talking down the hall.. It could be one of the night nurses in there? Perhaps he is awake?

6Figment of Thought Empty Re: Figment of Thought Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:33 am

emel

emel

he heads on down carefully and quietly not wanting to startle anyone he looks in the door checking the brain monitor and looking over the bed

7Figment of Thought Empty Re: Figment of Thought Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:43 am

Azuredragon

Azuredragon

As he does so the machine begins to sound it's alarm for any nearby staff. The man enters his usual night terror fit but as he makes to react the door opens forcefully, a blur of blue and mixed colours making down the halls at top speed fleeing the scene.

8Figment of Thought Empty Re: Figment of Thought Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:05 pm

emel

emel

he looks after torn for a moment but he goes to the mans side to calm him from his fit trying to make calming sounds as he does "sir its ok...your safe now i will help you with this I promice you that"

9Figment of Thought Empty Re: Figment of Thought Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:19 pm

Azuredragon

Azuredragon

It takes him time to regain his senses but when he does he calms going back to sleep already exhausted. He breaths as if out of breath claiming something half audible along the lines of 'here, she's here.' He is not able to get any more from him than that however.

10Figment of Thought Empty Re: Figment of Thought Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:22 pm

emel

emel

he looks to the door frowns and plots he tugs his head off and stashes it on the side table carefully 'hidden' behind things and then his body backs off and back down the route hoping that what ever the thing was it will not notice him being a bit shorter and will just notice the movement away from the room

11Figment of Thought Empty Re: Figment of Thought Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:26 pm

Azuredragon

Azuredragon

Cunning as his trap is, there seems to be no luck tonight. Whatever or whoever it was does not seem interested in visiting more than once it seems. Or at least not tonight... It comes to the point where he can be fairy certain that he will have to keep an eye out through the following days and or on the cameras. Visiting hours are over so no one should be in there at this time..

12Figment of Thought Empty Re: Figment of Thought Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:33 pm

emel

emel

he picks his head up on his final check and hums and ha's over noting it down he makes a separte note but does not attach it just yet wanting more before actually reporting it after all its not been noticed so far so...

13Figment of Thought Empty Re: Figment of Thought Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:38 pm

Azuredragon

Azuredragon

Looking over the notes, again, he can notice a few time patterns. They are not the same every night but there is usually something that happens on particular days at particular times.. He is given time to mull it over anyway as the people coming in for the next shift greet him and take over giving him his own time to go home and rest.

14Figment of Thought Empty Re: Figment of Thought Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:45 pm

emel

emel

he mumbles his greeting seeming very distracted and he finds himself very eger to get back to his shift the next night on the pattern although he is unsure on quite how to deal with a forign entity

15Figment of Thought Empty Re: Figment of Thought Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:59 pm

Azuredragon

Azuredragon

His distraction is noted by Adrian during his next shift and he moves over to try and get his attention through the day. "Hey Ewen? You ok there?"

16Figment of Thought Empty Re: Figment of Thought Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:03 pm

emel

emel

he nods "yeah fine" he is not liying as such "think...i might have a lead on this case" he taps the notes

17Figment of Thought Empty Re: Figment of Thought Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:50 pm

Azuredragon

Azuredragon

It makes Adrian laugh. "You make it sound like a detective soap opera. But still, if you do that's great! Your first big break through in your first year of proper work?" He looks over to try and read what he's looking at.

18Figment of Thought Empty Re: Figment of Thought Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:55 pm

emel

emel

he shakes his head "sadly..i am starting to think its not medical but...an external influence he leans in as he say it"

19Figment of Thought Empty Re: Figment of Thought Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:03 pm

Azuredragon

Azuredragon

Adrian looks interested in the 'gossip' and leans in after looking around to see if the coast is clear although clear for what he wouldn't be able to tell you. "Oh? Why do you think that?"

20Figment of Thought Empty Re: Figment of Thought Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:11 pm

emel

emel

"i saw something the other night....i am wondering if its a nightmare of some sort I plan to...check later...i hope to catch it and then...well he should wake up..i hope"

21Figment of Thought Empty Re: Figment of Thought Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:15 pm

Azuredragon

Azuredragon

"A nightmare?" he echoes. "But aren't there things to check for that? Those um.. charm thingies they put up?"

22Figment of Thought Empty Re: Figment of Thought Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:16 pm

emel

emel

"yeah well...its something of the sort i am sure...just have to catch it..."

23Figment of Thought Empty Re: Figment of Thought Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:22 pm

Azuredragon

Azuredragon

"You sure that's safe?" he asks. "Do you want me to go talk to security?"

24Figment of Thought Empty Re: Figment of Thought Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:36 pm

emel

emel

"no...i want to make sure i am right who knows it might be benign"

25Figment of Thought Empty Re: Figment of Thought Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:49 pm

Azuredragon

Azuredragon

He nods. "Well.. Let me know how you get on ok? Don't do anything to get yourself hurt. If it is something doing this to him you don't want to turn it on yourself right?"

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 19]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum